HRM 326 Final Exam Guide (New, 2017) 100% Correct
This Tutorial was purchased 3 times & rated A+ by student like you.
This Tutorial contains following Attachments
- HRM 326 UPD Final Exam Guide (Nov 2017).docx
1. Threats to validity are a reality in training, thus an evaluation must be externally valid before it can be internally valid.
2. Sexual harassment is an unwelcome advance of a sexual nature and can take one of two forms: either hostile environment or quid pro quo.
3. The overarching guidelines that need to be followed to facilitate the learning of the material and its transfer to the job are defined in the design phase of training.
4. Coaching & mentoring are different in that meetings between a mentor and the employee are generally more long term, structured and regular than in coaching.
5. When looking at a training methods’ effectiveness in meeting KSA objectives, the BehaviorModeling is more effective in influencing skills than strategic knowledge.
6. Blended training is where several different learning concepts or subjects are combined into one method of learning for a training session or program.
7. When the EOP is greater than the AOP it can be considered a triggering event.
8. The cognitive approach tends to be more passive and instructor-driven in nature where the behaviorist approach to learning is more student-driven & active.
9. For non-managers the primary goal of Job rotation is the process of preparing employees at a lower level to replace someone at the next level.
10. Environmental uncertainty is determined by two factors: stability and complexity.
Multiple Choice – Use the highlighter function to select the entire row of your answer.
1) ________ provide a flexible way of meeting changing and diverse training needs with professionally developed and administered programs.
a) Succession Planning.
b) Outsourcing strategies.
c) Internal Provider strategies.
d) Vertical deliverance strategies.
2) Typically, the type of knowledge examined in the TNA is __________ knowledge:
3) The expectancy theory proposes that a person’s motivation contains three different elements:
a) Importance modeling, Frequency Modeling and Difficulty modeling.
b) Organizational analysis, Person (Team) analysis, and Task analysis.
c) Success expected, outcomes expected, and valance.
d) Communicating, collaboration and comprehension
4) Nontraining needs include those that show no gap in required KSAs, thus training is not the best solution; which of the below would fall into that category:
a) Performance consequence incongruence.
b) Inadequate or inappropriate feedback.
c) Barriers to performance in the system.
d) All of the above.
5) For coaching to be effective, a needs assessment related to the subordinates job should be conducted, and a coach displaying a _____________ selected:
a) Theory X orientation
b) Theory Y orientation
c) Theory Z orientation
d) A blend of both a & b above
6) A form of training instruction that provides practice to a level of over- learning a task is:
b) Management- Skills Training
d) Knowledge capture
7) The purpose of behaviormodeling as a training method would be:
a) To increase participant’s observational and critiquing skills.
b) To enhance the likelihood of transfer to the job.
c) To experience what it feels like to be in a particular situation.
d) To provide a systematic process for teaching a new employee how to perform a job.
8) An organizations human resource information system is not particularly useful in:
a) Allowing access to employees work and training history.
b) Maintaining compensation records and assessment evaluations
c) Succession Planning
d) Automated updating of employee interpersonal relationships
9) Physical and emotional state, along with prior experience, behavioral models, and others feedback, are all a part of:
10) Which of the following statements regarding OJT trainers is true?
a) OJT trainers should use a structured approach in training.
b) OJT trainers can be anyone who understands the job and its tasks.
c) Because OJT very informal, it is not really useful for new hires who need classroom training.
d) OJT trainers need to have the same work experience as the trainees to be credible.
11) There are several theories related to the effective design of training, which of the below would not be?
a) Component Display Theory
b) The Elaboration Theory
c) Budgeting Theory
d) Social Learning Theory
e) Gagné–Briggs Theory
12) ________are employees who, with their families, are sent to a foreign country to work. As a result they need ______ training.
a) Expatriates / cross-cultural
b) Host Country Nationals / Language
c) Parent-country nationals / coordination training
d) Patriates / Customs-cultural.
13) In an ITS where artificial intelligence is used as a training method, which of the following is not a function of a training session manager?
a) Interpreting trainee actions.
b) Determining the order and level of difficulty of problems presented to the trainee.
c) Responding either with more information, coaching, or tutoring.
d) Reporting results, determining how and when to remediate the trainee.
14) Three situations are identified as key times for training, which one of the below does not:
a) When the OD process is started, training is needed to provide education about the change process and to provide the necessary KSAs.
b) After the process has been in place for a while, some retraining or upgrading of KSAs is required to sustain the process.
c) As new employees enter the organization, they need an understanding of the process and KSAs.
d) Most organizations provide initial training, and they conduct follow-up training or modify their new-employee training to include the new process.
15) In the Transfer of Training process, which of the following transfers would not apply.
16) Training must be evaluated and the four levels of outcome evaluation are
a) Routine, competency, automaticity, & consolidation
b) Design, explanation, evaluation, & documentation
c) Reaction, learning, behavior& results
d) Communication, consolidation, compilation, & completion
17) ____ would not be considered an advantage to an organizations effective use of a diverse workforce.
a) The use of KSA’s
b) Recruiting expense
c) Access to more markets
d) Creative problem solving
e) Larger applicant pool
18) ___ would not be a component of ET.
19) In an attempt to overcome some deficiencies of university-based education, the growth of corporate universities is on the rise; which of the following is not supportive of that concept?
a) Courses not cost effective because of the organizations size.
b) A greater ability to train managers to the corporations specific needs.
c) Managers can obtain job-specific knowledge and skills.
d) Insured quality instruction.
20) The difference between a cost/benefit evaluation and a cost-effectiveness evaluation is that a cost /benefit evaluation:
a) Compares the monetary cost of training with the financial benefits from training.
b) Is a calculation of the actual cost savings, based on the change in results.
c) Compares the monetary cost of training with the nonmonetary benefits.
d) Is an examination of value of overall improvement in the performance of the trained staff.
Write a reviewOrder Id
Order Id will be kept Confidential
Rating: A B C D F
Enter the code in the box below:
HRM 326 Week 5 Team Assignment Employee/Professional Development Plan (3 Papers) (AT&T, TGI Friday’s, Mitsubishi)
This Tutorial contains 4 Papers (AT&T, TGI Friday’s, Mitsubishi) Write a professional development plan for your chosen organization based on the information learned in all Weeks of this course. Share your presentation from Week 4 with the Learning Team after the d..
When would on-the-job training be ineffective? What can you do to assure that is successful? ..
How is a virtual classroom similar to a traditional classroom? How is it different? What is the benefit of combining web-based training with classroom training? Give an example. ..
How has technology changed training? What are the benefits technologies bring to a training department? What are the challenges? ..
This Tutorial contains 2 Different PPTs Format a 5- to 10-slide PowerPoint® presentation using information from the Needs Analysis. Identify and discuss three (3) delivery methods. Your presentation must include the following: A defi..
Retrieve the Quiz for Week 4 posted in the Course Material forum of our OLS classroom. Complete the multiple choice quiz by highlighting the correct response. Post your completed quiz to the assignments link. 1. The f..
What motivation do companies have to evaluate training programs? How would evaluation help the company reach its long term goals? What are the potential consequences of not evaluating training programs? What factors would you consider when choosing an evaluation design? What impact would th..
Why is it important to know the demographics of a training class before you train? Explain how this information would help your preparation. ..
What is the difference between internal and external learning conditions? Which do you feel is more important for success? Why? ..
This Tutorial contains 4 Papers (AT&T, TGI Friday’s Apple, Mitsubishi) Write a paper, in APA format of no less than 1500 words, using your chosen organization and identify a position (e.g. sales manager) or group of positions (e.g. customer service agents)..
Retrieve the Quiz for Week 3 posted in the Course Material forum of our OLS classroom. Complete the multiple choice quiz by highlighting the correct response. Post your completed quiz to the assignments link. 1. _____ re..
What are the five dimensions of cultural differences? Which of these differences has the largest effect on employee behavior? Why? ..
What is meant by rigor in a cross-cultural training program? What variables factor in when deciding how rigorous to make the training? ..
What is diversity? Explain how diversity is important to an organization. Give an example. How can you manage diversity? If you developed diversity training who would need to be included to make it successful? What content would you incorporate in the training? ..
This Tutorial contains 2 Different Papers Write a paper no less than 1,250-word paper in which you explain the importance of training in these areas: Legally required training Diversity Employee professional growth, individually and within the organiz..
Retrieve the Quiz for Week 2 posted in the Course Material forum of our OLS classroom. Complete the multiple choice quiz by highlighting the correct response. Post your completed quiz to the assignments link. Text: Employee Training and Development – Chapters 2, 3, an..
What do you think is the most important organizational characteristic that influences training? Why? ..
Discuss the types of evidence that you would look for in order to determine whether a needs analysis has been improperly conducted. What do you think are the most common concerns for organizations after a needs analysis is completed? Why? ..
Assume you have to prepare older employees with little computer experience to attend a training course on how to use the World Wide Web. How will you ensure that they have high levels of readiness for training? How will you determine their readiness for training? ..
This Tutorial contains 2 Different Papers Select your current organization or an organization you are familiar with to complete the following assignment. . Write an paper in APA format of no more than 1,050 words that answers the following questions: ..
Resources:Effective Training Systems, Strategies, and Practices, and Employee Training & Development Prepare for your Final Examination. 1. Business strategy influences how the company uses all of the following capitals EXCEPT..
This Tutorial contains 2 Sets of Papers/PPT for each Assignments HRM 326 Week 1 Individual Assignment Consulting Assessment (2 Papers) HRM 326 Week 1 Individual Assignment Organizational Focus and Goals (2 Papers) HRM 326 Week 1 DQ 1 ..
We have another set of Final Exam which could be found on this link http://www.hrm326tutor.com/HRM-326-Final-Guide-material Please respond to each question in 350-700 words: 1. Compare and contrast the three needs assessment processes. 2.&nbs..
This Tutorial contains 2 Papers Working as a student is the equivalent of a part-time or full-time job. The job’s compensation is in the form of grades and feedback. As the supervisor of the student position, put the role as a student into the context of a job. Write ..
This Tutorial contains 2 Papers You are an HR Manager in a company that has recently received complaints from employees about lack of inclusion. Develop a 1,050- to 1,400-word overview for a training program on diversity and inclusion for your organization’s firs..
This Tutorial contains 2 Different Papers Select your current organization or an organization you are familiar with to complete the following assignment. You have been hired as an outside consultant to help an organization strengthen employee development. Write a 700-..
This Tutorial contains 2 Papers HRM 326 Week 5 Development Plan HRM 326 Create a 700- to 1,050-word development plan that includes the following: • Assess the legalities of training. • Determine whether the plan could offend any of the protected classes. ..
This Tutorial contains 2 Papers HRM 326 Week 5 Executive Summary HRM 326 Part I Create a 350-word executive summary as a team outlining the reasons why a company of your choice should invest in a mentoring program. Include the following in the summ..
HRM 326 Week 4 Job Aid HRM 326 Create a job aid that can be used to improve team performance within your organization. Create a 700- to 1,050-word job aid that includes the following: · Assess how it will be deployed. ·&nbs..
This Tutorial contains 2 Papers HRM 326 Week 3 Training Evaluation HRM 326 Training evaluations are important to determine if the selected training solution was effective and provided the appropriate return on investment. Discuss as a team the last training progr..
HRM 326 Week 2 Employee Assessment Case Study HRM 326 During a global career succession assessment of leadership talent pipeline, a candidate was asked to complete a personality/behavioral tendency profile. The candidate asked to speak to the program administrator about the validi..
HRM 326 Week 1 Needs Assessment HRM 326 Before training is determined or designed, a training needs analysis should be considered to develop a root cause and systemic understanding of the training elements such as what needs to be trained, who needs to be trained, where is the training ..
True/False 1. Threats to validity are a reality in training, thus an evaluation must be externally valid before it can be internally valid. 2. Sexual harassment is an unwelcome advance of a sex..